Welcome to anything goes Thursday, new to The Herald in 2012. Last week I did “the Top ten websites and computer software. I have some more versus blogs in the works as well as five things. Stop by every Thursday, you won’t know what you’ll get—or who.
Today I would like to talk about the 1980’s. I think the most profound part of the 80’s was the music. So let’s talk about that.
Please list your picks for the top ten songs of the eighties.
RULES: It has to be from 1980 through 1989
My Top Ten List (not in order)
1. Prince — "When Doves Cry"
2. Night Ranger—"Sister Christian"
3. Soft Cell—"Tainted Love"
4. The Eurythmics— "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)"
6. U2—“With or without you”
7. Phil Collins—“In the Air tonight”
8. Bananarama—"Cruel Summer"
9. Foreingner—“Waiting for a Girl Like You”
10. To me the following song was the epitome of the 80’s and always makes me think of that era whenever I hear it. When I hear any other song, I think…oh that’s a good song. But no thought to when it was released let alone what era it is from like this one…
Simple Minds—“Don’t you forget about me.”